Mar 29, 2012

Chocolate Ganache S'mores

A new twist on s'mores you can make any time of year!
Chocolate Ganache S'mores -  
A new twist on s'mores! Who doesn't like s'mores? I don't know of anyone! The only problem with s'mores is you need a campfire to make them. This limits how often you can enjoy the chocolaty, sticky deliciousness a s'more offers.

Until NOW! In the spirit of full disclosure I do have to admit I wasn't a fan of this recipe at first, but the day after I made it I fell in LOVE! It just needed a night in the fridge to let all the flavors mingle. I highly suggest you make this up a day ahead and then serve it at room temperature the following day.

After I made this recipe I thought it might be better with those cute little mini-marshmallows, but I quickly changed my mind. I think this makes a much nicer presentation! Did I mention how EASY this is to make? SUPER easy! Kids of ALL ages will enjoy.

*TIP:  Be sure to watch it closely under the broiler. Remember when broiling you always leave your oven door ajar.  Brown them to your liking and then remove.


Chocolate Ganache S'mores

Life Tastes Good
Published 03/29/2012
Chocolate Ganache S'mores

Ingredients

  • 14 whole graham crackers, crushed
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Chocolate Ganache Recipe
  • 1 (10 ounce) package of large marshmallows

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Crush about 14 whole graham crackers and combine with 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Mix until evenly moistened and press into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven about 5 minutes or until the crust is lightly toasted.
  3. Prepare Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe and pour evenly over the graham cracker layer.
  4. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
  5. Place an even layer of large marshmallows on top of the chocolate and broil until the marshmallows are lightly toasted - about 1 minute. Remember when broiling to leave your oven door ajar and watch carefully!! It will burn quickly if you aren't paying attention.
  6. Refrigerate overnight or at least until chocolate has hardened. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Yield: 12 Servings
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook time: 20 mins.

recipe adapted from allrecipes Chocolate Ganache S'mores

4 comments:

  1. Giant marshmallows are perfect! I hope I have a splash of rum to add ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Where was my rum when I needed it haha!! Thanks for dropping by Sandra! Have a great week ~Marion

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>